12/22/2008

Bebel Gilberto



Bebel Gilberto was born on 12 May 1966 in New York City in a family very musician typed family: her mother is a singer and her uncle is singer-composer. Bebel Gilberto is a Brazilian popular singer and her first “on stage” experiences are dated starting with the age of seven.

She represents a music style called: BOSSA NOVA, although as for me this music sounds also great among chill-out moods as well.

Did I mention that she has got a Grammy Award?

Discography:

1986- Bebel Gilberto (EP)

1991- De Tarde, Vendo O Mar (with Luizão Maia & Banzai)

2000- Tanto Tempo (2000) Ziriguiboom / Crammed Discs

2004- Bebel Gilberto (2004) Ziriguiboom / Crammed Discs

2007- Momento (2007) Ziriguiboom / Crammed Discs

I have never heard Bossa Nova music style before, but after hearing this one, …. I decided to share my experience with the rest of the world. Relax and enjoy.



Interview about Momento: